My Home Security Solutions
Enjoy peace of mind knowing that the #1 security company in America is helping protect your home and family
Home Security Tips
Helping to protect the things that matter most to you
“Prevention is better than cure. Be bolted, be safe”
If you have pulled up your socks and have installed the My Home security systems at your home, next you need to adapt some safety tips to add up an extra sense of protection.
For peace of mind, you can go through this easy to follow home safety tips:
- Create an illusion that someone is at your house for a long period. How? Well, you can leave a stereo or a TV on in a room where you think that the burglars might break in.
- Try out the motion light and detectors to minimize the burglar concealment.
- Do make sure that the secure system yard signs and window decals are prominently installed in your property, as they are able to deter potential burglars.
- Do install 1- inch deadbolt locks on the exterior doors for safety.
- Keep a wireless keychain as it enables you to check the door before you open it for the unexpected visitor.
- No leaving of extra keys under the doormats, potted plants or any outdoor location, thieves can find them. Do find an inconspicuous place or give the extra key to a trustable neighbor.
- Make the glass patio doors burglar proof by setting a metal pipe in the middle of the bottom track of the door slide. Remember the pipe should be of the same length as the track.
- Use glass break sensor to detect when a glass door or window is shattered and alerts you, when there is a break-in.
- Do not keep your garage doors opened. Prohibit intruders from gaining access to a door that leads directly into your home, by keeping garage doors closed.
- Do not advertise the expensive items in your room, the better keep your drapes and blinds shut.
- Store your cash, jewelry and other valuables in a safe or safety deposit box instead of leaving them anywhere around.
- Please do not leave behind any kind of notes for service people or family members in your absence or this will alert the burglar.
- Arm your system every time, before you leave your house; make sure that your home, pet and valuables are safe.
- Lower your telephone ring volume, if you plan to be away from your house for some days. Your unanswered call may alarm the burglar about your absence.
- Have a neighbor to collect your newspaper and mail.
- Do not cancel any kind of delivery, you do not know how the information may get leak and burglars break in your home.
- Use Secure System Pulse to check in your home even in your absence, with the help of cell phone or laptop, interconnected with the security camera installed at your home.
- Use fire resistant roofing materials when you think to buy, build or renovate your home.
- Never leaves candles or flammable things burning unattended.
- Douse the cigarette and cigar butts before dumping them in the trash.
- Do not leave the hot irons or burning stovetops and outdoor grills unattended, while you are using them. Do check them twice after using them.
- Install carbon monoxide detectors or smoke alarms to keep your loved ones protected from fire.
- Regularly dispose the dead and dry vegetation in your yard or nearby bushy areas around your home, to protect your home from fire, as these materials are highly flammable.
- Do make sure that the lid stays on your trashcan and do not store the firewood and other combustible products near your home.
- Do have smoke alarms at every level of your home. For best detection, you can install the ionization and photoelectric type of smoke alarms.
- Do not try those deadbolt locks with an inside key, as you need to save yourself first if a fire starts. A missing key may lock you inside the home.
- Do not nail your windows and make sure they open easily in case if there is a fire outbreak.
- Have fire escape plan for your family and find out two exists from every room. find out a meeting place outside the home and drill this movement twice a year with your family to escape the fire in reality.
- Make sure that the street address of your home is clearly visible, so that the firefighters can identify your home in case of an emergency.
- You should have a proper training to use the home security alarm properly so that you can guard yourself at the very first stage of a fire outbreak.